At the time of the assignment, lawyers from a law firm were breaking off to form a new practice, Sher Corwin. The new firm required a 10,000 SF office space. Sher Corwin and the old law firm were essentially competing for a similar space within the tight Clayton market. Prior to hiring Intelica, the law firm had already held preliminary
discussions with the landlord to try to reduce & renew their current office space. The landlord refused to divide the old law firm space down to 8,875 SF to keep Sher Corwin in its original building.
- Analyzed & redesigned existing office space to reduce SF as not to compromise the integrity of the landlord’s property
- Located, toured & analyzed alternative choices to lease or purchase
- Conducted lease vs. purchase analysis & side by side total investment cost summaries
- Kept landlords at arms length & did not disclose for Sher Corwin’s occupancy options
- Reinvigorated existing landlord to invest in Sher Corwin & sign lease
- All landlords signed confidentiality agreement
- Renewed current office space lease for 8,875 SF for 10 years
- Averaged $30 PSF rent
- Landlord wrote check for $284,000 ($32 PSF) for tenant improvements
- Competed in market & kept negotiations confidential
190 Carondelet Ave, Suite 100
Clayton MO 63105
Related ServicesOffice Brokerage
Intelica CRE™ was contracted to relocate, downsize or renew a 10,000 SF Class A office lease.